The task for the materials handling manager is to find the methods, the routes, the layouts and the right components to minimise handling.
Six main responsibilities of the materials handling manager:
- packaging utilisation
- internal transport
Material Handling System Design
The design of a material handling system depends upon the type and the characteristics of the materials to be handled.
- material Handling System Components
- material handling equipment:
- utilise equipment
- material transport equipment
- storage and retrieval equipment
- automatic identification and communication equipment.